Saturday 3 November 2012

Day 5: God calls Abram Genesis 11:27 - 12:9


The passage is about the account of Terah and his son Abram who was called by God to go to another land.

Belong
  • How does the passage help me know God better?
God called Abram to leave his fathers household, his country and his people and go to a land that God will show him.
I often hear about God calling people, this passage talks about Abram being led to carry out Gods work
  • How does the passage help me understand how God expects me to live in relation with others?
We should follow God, where he leads us to carry out his work.

Believe
  • Try to know the Historical setting
  • Try to know the context
  • Try to know how that context fits into the rest of the  greater salvation story of the Bible
Abram was the son of Terah who is a descendent of shem one of Noahs sons.

Become
  • How can I apply what I have learnt today?
Prayer
  • Write down your prayer as a response to what you learned through today's devotional reading.
Dear God, Our father
Forgive my sins. Help me to understand this passage and everyday become closer to you.
Todays devotion talks about Abram being called by you. Let me know what my calling is and give me the strength to carry out your work. I ask this in Jesus name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment