Saturday 3 November 2012

Day 6: Gods covenant with Abraham Genesis 15:1-21, 17: 1-8

Day 6: Gods covenant with Abraham Genesis 15:1-21, Genesis 17: 1-8



Belong
  • How does the passage help me know God better?
  • How does the passage help me understand how God expects me to live in relation with others?
The passage (15:1-21) tells how Abram was given a son but also was told that his descendants would be strangers in another country and would be mistreated for 400 years.

The second passage (17:1-8) tells how the covenant was fulfilled and abram became abraham and inherited the land of Canaan.

Believe
  • Try to know the Historical setting
  • Try to know the context
  • Try to know how that context fits into the rest of the  greater salvation story of the Bible
I also read Genesis 16 which tells how Abram's son was born from his wife, Sarai's servant Hagar.

Become
  • How can I apply what I have learnt today?

Prayer
  • Write down your prayer as a response to what you learned through today's devotional reading.
Dear God, Our father
Forgive my sins, help me to understand your word and to live my life in your glory.
Help me to understand the passages I read and to understand how to apply them to my life and through this everyday become closer to you, to understand you more and to grow as a christian through this experience.
Thank you for all that you have given to me I pray in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment