Wednesday 31 October 2012

Day 3 The Flood Genesis 6:9 - 8:19

It is late 11pm and I have been busy, I am tired, my cold is getting worse and my voice has nearly given up.  I have finally sat down to read for Day 3

Day 3 The Flood Genesis 6:9 - 8:19


Belong
  • How does the passage help me know God better?
God made a covenant with Noah to save him and his family. And everything on earth ways destroyed.
  • How does the passage help me understand how God expects me to live in relation with others?
I think this is again saying how we should respect the world around us.
Believe
  • Try to know the Historical setting
  • Try to know the context
  • Try to know how that context fits into the rest of the  greater salvation story of the Bible
Become
  • How can I apply what I have learnt today?
I think I should keep in mind that I need  to respect the world around me, the people and animals and the earth and that to live life correctly in God's eyes will save us.

Prayer
  • Write down your prayer as a response to what you learned through today's devotional reading.

Dear God, our father
Thank you for this day and the beautiful world that we live in.
Help me to understand this passage and how I can use this knowledge to live my life sincerely. Help me to be at peace with the world around me physically and emotionally in my  relationships.
 Forgive my sins and help me to change to become a better person
I ask this in Jesus name,
 Amen.

Honestly, I felt it was really difficult to relate any of what I read in the passage to my life know.  I just can't relate to anything, except keeping balance and order around me.  I prayed how most people do, I asked for forgiveness for what I did wrong and for peace and good health for my family.  Maybe I am just tired... Hopefully I will be able to engage better tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment